Tent at “baby beach” tent has one big selling point, but the kids at the “baby” tent won’t be happy to see it come down.
A Texas woman who shared a photo of her tent with ABC News said she was “humbled” to receive a response from her neighbor and decided to post it online.
She told ABC News she’s been using the tent since October and is using it to share a tent with her 6-year-old granddaughter.
“The little girl was just standing outside with her arms out, she couldn’t even get in the tent, she just couldn’t get in, she was in shock,” she told ABCNews.
The tent, a tent made of a “teepees” design, is made from recycled polystyrene, which she said is less toxic than plastic.
“I feel like we have to start taking these issues seriously and make sure that kids are safe,” she said.
The tent was designed by Austin, Texas, design company Teepee.
The company posted a statement on Facebook that it “will be taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff at our tents.”
The company says it’s been “outraged” by the photos, which were posted online on Monday, and will take steps to “do everything we can to ensure our guests are safe at our facilities.”